Saturday, December 13, 2008
Despite the random tag-title that just popped into mind about a nanosecond ago (oh the exaggeration!), today wasn't random.
I was in 168 this afternoon, around 2-ish, and was wondering why there was a horrible jam in tengah-tengah hari buta, and was answered by the sight of a yellow bike lying at the side of the road, the 1st lane cordoned off by the traffic police, dry bloodstains on the road, and a corpse covered under a white sheet. Ever since Fattah got a bike, accidents scare the nipples out of me, and seeing a body lying dead made me want to cry instantly. I felt so sorry for the person. A hundred of us were probably complaining about the jam, irritated, cussing, feeling pissed, and his/her jasad was lying there helplessly. Dead. God.
The weird thing was, the body wasn't even brutally injured, judging from the little bloodstains, and the motor wasn't in a wreck. But I assumed he had hit a major nerve in the head that caused him to die almost instantly.
The last time I saw dead bodies on the road was back in secondary school and seeing another one again shakes me. I hate it. If there's one thing that gets to me, it's knowing or hearing that people have lost their loved ones through accidents and mishaps. Even if I've nothing to do with them, I'll imagine the trauma and the pain, and it just gets to me. So I was wondering why the heck no one in the bus gave a fuck about the dead. There wasn't a "ya allah" or "eh!". It was as if the jam was merely caused by road works. Or heavy rain. Everything was humdrum and cricketty.
So maybe I'm just overreacting.
And dyk, (did you know) that I tan so easily? Let me (no wait, just let my feet) be exposed to some harmless sunshine for a few minutes and the next day, you can see belangs from my sandals already. Let me walk aimlessly from Outram Park to City Hall not under the blazing sun, but normal day conditions, and the next day you'll see me 2-3 shades darker. And no, I'm not exaggerating. It's depressing. People used to mistake me for being Chinese, but with me ever-darkening, I'm not surprised if someone speaks Tamil to me soon. Or calls me a nigga. -_- (eh btw with that being said, I've no niat to be offensive ok.)
Anyway, today the boy gave me something that made me really, really happy.
A great, big, long hug.
I don't know, but today it just felt better than any hug I've received, somehow.
It just really made my day. More than the fish n co treat we had last Sunday, seriously.
It just felt really good and warm. Like a cuppa hot chocolate that makes a great perk-me-up.
Thanks yg.
Labels: ahmad albeit
X O X O; 12:55 am